Grasshopper was founded by two entrepreneurs with a dream of helping entrepreneurs to set up their businesses by providing them with the necessary business tools and support resources. They have been working relentlessly and successfully on it since 2003. They now function as a part of LogMeIn. They have partnered with Mission Possible, their corporate social responsibility program, to host the 6th annual Grasshopper Entrepreneur Scholarship. They have helped more than 300,000 entrepreneurs to grow and live their dreams.
The scholarship aims to help small businesses to start and flourish. It seeks to help young entrepreneurs cover up the cost of their present education and help them pursue their entrepreneurial goals
Amount: 1. The Grasshopper Entrepreneur scholarship offers a scholarship amount of $5000 to the best entry submitted. 2. The scholarship is given in the form of a check which is payable directly to the university that the student will be in.
- Only students who are either entering college or are attending college already in any of the colleges of the United States are eligible for the scholarship. Students could either be in/applying for an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Employees and any family members, or immediate relatives of the employees of LogMeIn USA are not eligible for the scholarship.
- You are supposed to prepare a 500-700 words essay on a given prompt. For 2018, the prompt was:
- “The ‘gig economy’ has had an impact on entrepreneurship in both the US and globally over the last 3-5 years. Describe what impact you believe it will have in the next 3-5 years?”
- Your submission is to be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an interview with the winner of the 2018 scholarship, Richard Benites. Those who want to win the Grasshopper Entrepreneurship Scholarship can refer to the interview here to get ideas as to how they can write their essay and increase their chances of winning this scholarship.
The winner will be intimated via the email ID used for submission. The winner will be confirmed after he/she furnishes proof of enrolment in the form of a letter of proof/tuition bill from the accredited United States college/university/trade school where the student is enrolled.
Start Date: 2021-04-01
This is designed to help young entrepreneurs afford the rising cost of education and help them along the road to entrepreneurship.
Sign In / Sign Up to Know More about this Scholarship