SN Bose scholarship is a golden opportunity for every dreamer who wishes to indulge in the quest of research and technology. Brought to you by the Science and Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, The Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward, the SN Bose scholars program aim at encouraging intellectual and research enthusiasts to build up their career in research and technology by pitching this opportunity.
Named after the great physicist Satyendra Nath Bose (1894-1974), this scholarship program provides an opportunity to study in some of the most premier institutions abroad by providing a 10-12 week internship program in the U.S.
- It aims at crossing boundaries of states and countries around the world to develop a healthy yet competitive atmosphere for young researchers to come together and make history.
- It attempts to support and encourage willing and outstanding students to pursue research as a potential career
- It aims to give students the opportunity to work in the top notch research facilities of premier U.S institutions.
Amount: The SN Bose scholarship program seeks to extend support by covering the following: • Airfare • Health insurance • Ideal stipend to the beneficiaries.
- Students of India enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree at any recognized institution of higher education and learning in India from backgrounds of Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric and Earth sciences Engineering Sciences, Computational, Mathematical, and Physical Sciences.
- Only those applicants to be completing their degree program on or after May 2020 are eligible.
- The applicants must be nominated through their respective departments from their respective institutions. Only 2 nominations per stream, per department, per institution are allowed.
- Visit Visitation Programs at the top right hand corner of the web page to sign in through online application.
- Complete the verification procedure by clicking on the link mailed to your registered Email-ID from email@example.com
- Use your registered Email-ID to login to the online portal. User ID and password must be remembered for future references.
- Click on "Apply for - Start Application"
- Fill in the respective details in the form.
- Click on the save button at the bottom of the form to save the entered details.
- Retrieve the saved information using login credentials and submit the form upon completion.
- Download the PDF of the submitted application.It can also be downloaded using the link received in your registered Email-ID upon completion.
- Application ID must be remembered for further references.
- Forms cannot be edited or changed after submission
- Applicants can apply for more than one visitation program if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Separate forms must be filled for separate programs.
- Star marked fields are mandatory to be filled.
- While filling the form, capital letters must be used only when required.
- Wrong or misleading information will lead the applicant to forfeit his/her fellowship or internship.
- Personal details will be used for all the documentation purposes and hence must be filled carefully.
- The entered address shall be used for correspondence, any changes in the address after submission must be reported to the respective program officer at the earliest.
- Sections "Statement of Purpose" and "Research Experience" must be explained well and will directly affect the consideration and evaluation of the applicant.
- All the documents must be scanned and uploaded in the prescribed format.
- Supporting documents should be attached strictly according to the check-list mentioned in the application form.
- Applicants without a passport must apply at the earliest and select the "Applied for" section in the application form.
- The recommendations must be only on the official letterhead of the referee with their ink signature and stamp (if any). The letters can either be uploaded along with the application form or directly mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidate's name_department_institute/university before the submission deadline.
- One of the referees must be the applicant's tutor/teacher. In case the applicant has completed training/internship in any lab, a reference from the supervisor shall be preferred.
- Any supporting document mailed after the submission deadline shall not be considered.
- The applicant must mention the specific area of study and degree program along with the specific undergraduate or postgraduate course being pursued by him/her, for example, M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Start Date: 2020-08-01
Last Date: 2020-09-30
Eligibility: Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters' degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India. Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth...
Sign In / Sign Up to Know More about this Scholarship