Charles Sturt University Overview
Charles Sturt University - Overview & Background
The Charles Sturt University is located in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Queensland. It has been providing excellent education to its students since 1989.
|Also Known As||
Charles Sturt | CSU
For the public good
Public Research University
Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga, Australia
Student to Faculty Ratio
Official Website Link
|Charles Sturt University, Australia|
The university also has also established partnerships with numerous TAFE institutions spread across the country.
The schools under the university are:
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business, Justice and Behavioural Sciences
- Faculty of Science
The University has campuses in:
- Bathurst, Dubbo
- Port Macquarie
- Wagga Wagga.
Its specialist campuses are located in: Canberra, Goulburn, Manly and Parramatta.
Charles Sturt University Virtual Tour
The libraries under the university are located in Wagga Wagga, Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange and Port Macquarie campuses. Its research facilities range from world-class agricultural precincts to state-of-the-art laboratories and collaboration spaces.
Some of these facilities are:
- National Wine and Grape Industry Center
- Graham Center for Agricultural Innovation
- Charles Sturt University AgriTech Incubator
- GRDC Glasshouses
- Phytotron Plant Growth Chambers
- The National Life Sciences Hub
- Environmental and Analytical Laboratories Wagga
- Food and Soil Laboratory Port Macquarie
- Bathurst Campus - The options available include Centre for Professional Development (CPD), Cottages, Traditional Diggings, John Oxley Village, Macquarie Village, Towers (Catered). The rooms start at a price of $160 per week.
- Wagga Wagga Campus - Students can choose from Butler Halls First Year College (catered), Cottages, Hampden Village, Murrumbidgee Village, Postgraduate Village, Stewards Halls (catered), Malebo Cottages and Residential colleges which include the St Martin’s college and St Francis College. The rooms range from $160 per week to $285 per week.
- Orange Campus - With rooms starting at $150 per week, students have four options to choose from - Cottages, Narrambla, Spring Creek Village and Traditional Residences.
- Albury-Wodonga Campus - The two options in this campus are the Murray Village and Rothwell Cottages. The rooms start at a low price of $175 per week.
- Dubbo Campus - The Dubbo Cottages have rooms starting from $175 per week.
- Post-Macquaire Campus - The Hastings Village gives you a relaxed coastal community with rooms starting at a price of $230 per week.
The university provides support to both domestic and international students willing to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies in this university.
Few of the scholarships that you are likely to be eligible for are -
- CSU Foundation Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Achievement Scholarship
- Charles Sturt Regional Scholarship 2020
- Katie Burns Alumni Assistance Scholarship
- Australian Library and Information Association Scholarship
- Dare to Know Paramedic Research Scholarship
- International Student Scholarship
- Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship
Jobs and Placements
Charles Sturt University provides career services to its students so that they can graduate with enough workplace experience. There are career development workshops, work experience placements and personal appointments with career development officers. The university boasts of having one of the best employment rates in the country.
Charles Sturt University has been ranked as the top university in Australia for graduate employment in 2018. CSU graduates achieved an employment rate of 87.5%, leading the survey of 102 higher education institutions across the country. 92.5% of postgraduate students were in full-time employment four months following their graduation.
Some famous alumni from Charles Sturt University include:
- David Elliott, Current Member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly
- Robert Atkinson, Former Queensland police commissioner
- Laura Brown, A fashion journalist
- Stuart Beattie, Screenwriter and film director
- Jeffrey Driver, Anglican Archbishop of Adelaide
- Ellie Brush, Soccer player
Charles Sturt University Location
The university arranges for a representative to meet you when you arrive if pre-notified.
- Bathrust Campus - You can either book a domestic flight or take a train from Sydney. Trains are very frequent from the airport to the Central Railway Station in Sydney.
- Wagga Wagga Campus - Domestic flights run from Sydney and Melbourne to Wagga Wagga. If you want to take a train, you have to arrive at Sydney Airport and take a train from the Central Railway Station.
- Orange Campus - You can get a domestic flight from Sydney to Orange, or take a train from the Central Railway Station.
- Albury- Wodonga Campus - There are Domestic flights available from Sydney and Melbourne to Albury-Wodonga. If you want to take a train, then you have to take a shuttle from the Melbourne Airport to the Southern Cross Railway Station and book tickets for Albury-Wodonga. You can also reach by bus which is available at the Greyhound Australia terminal, 58 Franklin Street, Melbourne.
- Port Macquarie - You can reach Port Macquarie by taking a flight from Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney. There is also the XPT train service that runs between Sydney and Wauchope, which is 20 minutes inland from Port Macquarie. If you want to take a bus, Greyhound Australia is available at the Sydney International Airport. Premier motor services are also active in the Greater Port Macquarie area.
Charles Sturt University Map Location
Address: 7 Major Innes Rd, Port Macquarie NSW 2444, Australia