IELTS Overview - A Complete Guide
IELTS is a mandatory requirement for admissions to most of the colleges/ universities in Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland, US & Europe. The test is conducted to evaluate the English language proficiency of non-native speakers of English.
Below you can find a comprehensive IELTS guide to know how to prepare for the exam, minimum acceptable IELTS scores, IELTS scoring process, tips & tricks, resources and so on.
Need Help in IELTS Preparation
- What is IELTS?
- How To Prepare For IELTS? - Section-wise Study Guide
- IELTS vs TOEFL vs Other English Exams
- IELTS Sample Questions - Section-Wise
- How is IELTS Score Calculated?
- Mechanics of the IELTS Exam
- Importance of IELTS and a Good Score for Getting Admissions - Learn Ideal IELTS Scores
- How to Convert IELTS Score Into Other English Exam Scores?
- How To Prepare for IELTS - Writing Section?
- How To Prepare For IELTS - Listening Section?
- How To Prepare for IELTS - Reading Section?
- How to Prepare for IELTS - Speaking Section?
How Can GyanDhan Help You?
If you are looking to work, migrate or study abroad, especially in an English-speaking country, you need to appear for the International English Language Test, popularly known as IELTS. Jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English, the test assesses the Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading skills of the non-native English speaking candidate so as to ascertain whether he/she will be able to keep up with a space where English is the dominant medium of communication.
IELTS is accepted by over 10,000 organizations all over the world. While universities in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland fix a minimum IELTS score to determine an applicant’s eligibility for admissions, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom use IELTS to evaluate immigration applications.
GyanDhan understands the significance of IELTS scores in your pursuits of education abroad. Therefore, we have come up with a one-stop destination for all the important information related to IELTS to give our readers the most accurate and detailed insights of the test. Our IELTS test prep page consists of 12 articles that track down all the specifics of the test, right from an exhaustive introduction to IELTS, IELTS Exam format and IELTS scoring process to IELTS score converter and the university-wise breakup of IELTS criteria. Furthermore, to help our readers who are appearing for the IELTS to get the highest scores in the exam, we have also compiled overall and sectional IELTS preparation guides covering the IELTS syllabus, key tips and strategies, and resources to prepare for IELTS. Additionally, we have provided IELTS sample tests and questions which candidates can practice.
For the time being, we have covered only IELTS academics, focusing on higher education abroad as a part of our unending journey of making study abroad dreams of thousands of students come alive.Moreover
- If you are looking for assistance in admissions abroad, you can contact us right away! Our counselling team will understand your requirements and suggest you the next steps to be taken accordingly. To get in touch with our counselling team, fill this form.
- If you are looking for Education Loans to study abroad, get in touch with GyanDhan education loan counsellor by clicking here or checking the loan eligibility here
GyanDhan started its journey with an intent to make higher education accessible to all, irrespective of the financial situation of the student. Relentlessly striving towards this aim, we have helped thousands of students in achieving their study abroad dreams. As a data-driven company, we have also developed various advanced tools and services to assist students during their application process. Check out our tools and functions below-
- Estimate Future Earnings Tool calculates the approximate future returns and savings after you complete your graduation.
- Admit Predictor Tool predicts your odds of securing admission in your desired university after evaluating your academic profile.
- Instant SOP Review Tool will give you a comprehensive assessment of the readability, grammar, and overall quality of your SOP.
- Scholarship Finder, a curated scholarship wiki which generates a list of scholarships according to your target country, university, and course.
- Education Loan Services help you in picking the best education loan option and securing approval with minimum hassle and within a short period of time.
- Peer Networking Service will involve you in major networking activities like admit meetup, mentoring sessions, and so on, to help you address your queries regarding studying abroad. We will also connect you with both peers and seniors enabling you to get more clarity about higher education abroad.