IELTS Slot Booking
Students and job applicants take the IELTS test conducted by British Council and IDP India for abroad university admissions and jobs. The test is conducted four times a month, and an applicant can choose from the IELTS Exam slots released on the official website of the British Council. This helps students focus on their preparation and avoid the last-minute rush wherein the chances of getting desired test dates at a preferred test location are scarce. There are lakhs of applicants from India, and any delay in IELTS slot booking might affect your performance if you don’t get your desired test date or location.
IELTS Exam Slot Booking
IELTS Exam slots are available in abundance since there are four dates per month. But it always advised booking the slot well in advance. In certain months the number of applicants increases and IELTS slot booking dates aren’t available readily. It usually happens in the month of July and August, so if you are looking for IELTS exam slots in these months, it’s better to book the slot as soon as possible. While booking IELTS exam time slots, one should take a window of seven days since the speaking test is conducted either before or after a week of the test day.
IELTS online slot booking is easy, and it can be done while registering for the test. After booking the IELTS Exam time slots, the confirmation is sent by the test center regarding the date and time of the exam.
How to book an IELTS slot?
IELTS slot booking availability is contingent on the number of slots available at the time of booking. IELTS slot booking can be made by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of IELTS
- Click on the ‘Register for Test’ option.
- Choose the mode of examination whether you want to take the test in computer-based or paper-based mode.
- Select the type of IELTS, whether Academic or General Training.
- Choose the nearest test location from the place of your residence.
- Click on the ‘View Test Dates’ option.
- Check the available IELTS exam time slots and select the desired time slots from the available choices.
- After selecting the date and time, the website will show the selected time slot and its availability.
- Fill in all the personal details and pay the fees.
Once the payment is made, the applicant will receive confirmation about the test date and timing from the test center. This will give the final confirmation on the IELTS slot booking. One can book IELTS slot on any day of the week and at any time of the day. IELTS slot booking dates get filled very fast when top universities open the dates of admission, so it's advised to confirm with the university on the dates of admission opening. Several students don’t sync their test dates with the admission months and end up missing the admission even with good scores. The same applies to job applicants too, and they should also confirm the dates beforehand with companies.
IELTS Exam registration
IELTS Exam registration is the overall process of which IELTS slot booking is the most crucial aspect.
- Registration Process - After completing the IELTS exam slot booking, an applicant has to pay the fee that is INR 15,500. Later on, the confirmation is sent by the test center on the date and time selected by the applicant. One should have their passport ready before registering, and the information provided at the time of registration should be double-checked for any discrepancy whatsoever.
IELTS Home Testing
IELTS indicator is the new platform that enables students to take the exam from the comfort of their homes. However, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand aren’t accepting scores from the new platform. Please check before the university before applying on the platform. However, the IELTS online slot booking process is the same, apart from the fact that you don’t have to select the test center.