IELTS Preparation Books
IELTS is a test that evaluates the command of applicants over the English language and tests applicants’ ability to read, write, listen and speak in the language. Every year, over 3.5 million individuals take the IELTS test for seeking jobs and admission at the top universities and companies in English-speaking countries.
There are several methods for the IELTS preparation and there is no lack of resources for the applicants. Students can look for IELTS preparation books from their official website and a plethora of other sources. There are many books recommended by experts and toppers which can help an aspirant ace the exam with a good score. A channelized effort coupled with expert guidance can help a student realize the dream of getting into the top universities abroad. There is abundant study material for those appearing in the General Test for job seekers in companies abroad.
How to select books for IELTS preparation?
Selecting the best books for IELTS is halfway to success in the IELTS test, and it can be done in numerous ways. Toppers recommend sources that are somewhat universal in nature, and they are ideal books for IELTS. An aspirant must bear in mind not to bury himself/herself in a ton load of books. The mistake of referring to a lot of books is one of the most common errors committed by applicants. In the quest to learn everything and aim for a perfect score, they lose track of time and preparation. It’s always wise to do holistic research of the available resources and then stick to concise preparation material with utmost devotion.
When it comes to selecting the most appropriate books for IELTS preparation one should always dedicate some time for jotting down the name of books which most commonly appear in topper interviews. Certain IELTS preparation books are always recommended by experts guiding students for years. There is no shortage of books for IELTS but not getting confused and picking the right set of material is the first step towards a guaranteed good score in the test. After jotting down at least two books for each section, one should go to a physical store and give a cursory glance at the books. There is no hard and fast rule for selecting the best books for IELTS. Rather it solely depends on your basic understanding of the English language. Those who feel they are not good at English must brush up their concept with basics before jumping the gun and aiming directly for the advanced text.
Knowing what you know and what you don’t is half the battle won. And then, you can go ahead with a suitable set of books for IELTS preparation.
Best Books for IELTS preparation
While selecting the IELTS preparation books, one should always refer to the manual available at the IELTS official website. The reference module helps you assess your current level of understanding of the language and the amount of work that has to be done to get a decent score. We are providing a list of books for IELTS that experts universally recommend. These resources are considered the best books for IELTS, and one should refer to them for augmenting the level of preparation.
- Insight into IELTS Extra: The Cambridge IELTS Course - The book is considered a must for all the students irrespective of their understanding of the English language. It has all the sections covered concisely and fluidly, making it easy for students to understand the core concepts. The tests available in the book help students assess their level of preparation. The tests are designed by former examiners of the IELTS test, thus helping students in channelizing their effort in the areas of weakness. Among all the books for IELTS preparation, this book is the most ideal for self-study. The tests are provided with recorded answer keys and explanations, making it the best book for IELTS.
- Tutor Kit for IELTS- If you feel your English is not at par with the required standard for the IELTS test, this book is a savior for you. The book has a very comprehensive approach, and it comes with the study material that is equivalent to 100 hours of expert guidance. A CD comes with books that have helped numerous students from non-English backgrounds ace the test in the first attempt with a perfect score. Experts always suggest this book for IELTS for a large pool of students who have just begun their preparation.
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS Student's Book with Answers and Audio CD - Some students are good at speaking and writing. They don’t have difficulty with the language, but they end up making mistakes when it comes to grammar. There are perhaps very few books for IELTS preparation having such broad coverage of the IELTS-related grammar topics as the Cambridge Grammar book. So if you are struggling with grammar, then this book for IELTS should be a must on your list. The book comes with an audio CD, a significant addendum on acing the listening and speaking section of the test without committing a grammatical error.
- Camb IELTS 1: Self - Study Edition with 2 Audio CDs (South Asian Edition) - Once you are done with the understanding part of the IELTS syllabus, you need to do a lot of practice in order to get a decent score. When it comes to IELTS preparation books, the importance of practice can’t be undermined. This book for IELTS is an ideal study material for practicing the Academic module. The book has a holistic coverage of the reading and writing section of the General Training test. There is four practice set for the Academic test, and it also helps students develop the approach towards the question.
- Step-up to IELTS Personal Study Book with Answers - The books for IELTS preparation are primarily centered around the syllabus and help students develop the right approach towards the test. This one resource definitely feature among the IELTS best books as it focuses on the skill augmentation of the student. Tests given at the end of each unit helps students in developing a knack for each variety of questions. The book is a repository of tips and tricks that help students save a lot of precious time on the test. Toppers always recommend this book for students wanting to gain confidence on individual topics.
When it comes to the study material, there is plenty of resource available both online and offline. The list of books for IELTS preparation isn’t exhaustive in nature. There can be certain addition and subtraction depending on the preparation level of the student and present understanding of the language. IELTS preparation books can only be helpful when an applicant is ready to devote a dedicated two to three months to the preparation. There are other books for IELTS that can be equally helpful for students, but the ultimate focus should be on getting hold of all the test sections. The quest to get a perfect score always begins with the right selection of books and the list mentioned above can create a substantial difference in the overall preparation level. The art of reading a book involves taking what’s useful and discarding what’s not. These are considered the best books for IELTS by experts guiding the students for more than a decade. Thus one should always take help from these books and move an inch closer to their dream education destination.