Middlesex University Overview
Middlesex University - Overview & Background
1878–1973 – founding institutions
John Hall Smith
Public Research University
Forward thinking Inclusive
|The Burroughs, Hendon, London|
|Faculty to Student Ratio||
Official Website Link
+44 20 8411 5000
Middlesex University Virtual Tour
USPs of the University
- Focus on experiential learning and allowing students to practice in the industry
- An inclusive and collaborative environment with students from over 140 countries working together
- High reputation in terms of faculty and teaching
- The highest-ranked modern university in the UK
Jobs and Placements
As per 2017, the university for the second year in a row was ranked the second-highest modern university in London, after enjoying an 11-place rise in the league table in the previous year. A further improvement in employability statistics for the recent graduates of the university was attributed to the consistent rise.
The university works in close association with graduate employers like
- Goldman Sachs
It easier for graduates to get in touch with these companies.
The university has the Sheppard Library. The Hendon campus has many sporting facilities including a gym, 7-a-side football pitches, floodlit outdoor courts (MACS), a bouldering wall, and one of the few real tennis courts.
On-campus residence options include:
Accommodation Option - Unite Olympic Way
- Number of Rooms - 300 en suite rooms
- Cost of Rooms - En suite rooms cost £185.22 per week.
- Accommodation Option - Platt Hall
- Number of Rooms - 90 self-contained flats, distributed over three building blocks
- Cost of Rooms - Rooms cost £163.66 per week, rent in advance.
Accommodation Option - Usher Hall
- Number of Rooms - 182 single study bedrooms
- Cost of Rooms - Rooms cost £173.88 per week, with advanced rent
Accommodation Option - Ivy Hall
- Number of Rooms - 181 single rooms, spread over 14 blocks
- Cost of Rooms - Standard rooms cost £150.64 per week; en-suite rooms cost £167.37. Both rent payable in advance.
Accommodation Options - Writtle House
- Number of Rooms - 36 Single and Double bedrooms spread over six sections
- Cost of Rooms - Rooms cost £157.50 per week (Single) and £162.47 per week (Double), with rent payable in advance.
- Neville Brody, English graphic designer, typographer and art director
- Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy, Nigerian-born British visual artist
- Keith Khan, British artist, co-founder of Motiroti
- Jane Ray, British illustrator of children's books
- Freema Agyeman, Actress (Martha Jones in Doctor Who)
- Adam Brown, English actor, comedian, and pantomime
- Mike Figgis, Film director, writer and composer
- Helen Mirren, Actress, star of Calendar Girls and The Queen
- Joe Beevers, Professional poker player
- Joe Joyce, Professional boxer
Monica Ali, Writer, author of Brick Lane
John Lundberg (film director), Roger Glover (musician), Helen Mirren (actress), Ashley Isham (fashion designer), Louise Lear (BBC weather presenter), Suzzane Moore (journalist).
Middlesex University Location
- Address - Middlesex University, The Burroughs (A504), Hendon, London NW4 4BT
- Train Services - The main campus in Hendon, north London, is situated 10 minutes from the railway line Northern and Thameslink, both of which take to central London in less than 30 minutes.
- Nearest Airport - 14 miles to London City Airport (LCY / EGLC); 18 miles to London Heathrow Airport (LHR / EGLL)
- Nearest Hospital - BMI Hendon Hospital; Finchley Memorial Hospital; Royal Free Hospital
- Recreational Sites - Royal Air Force Museum; Alexandra Palace; Hyde Park
Middlesex University Map Location
Address: The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT, United Kingdom