Mohawk College Overview
Mohawk College - Overview & Background
Mohawk College is fully accredited and funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and is a member of the Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC).
Public Research University
Knowledge, the work of all
|Faculty to Student Ratio||
Official Website Link
The college has the following campuses:
- The Fennell Campus: This campus has created a modernized space for enhancing energy efficiency, barrier-free access and more. Mohawk's Stoney Creek Campus for Skilled Trades is the home of the Marshall School of Skilled Trades & Apprenticeship. Mohawk annually has around 2,400 apprenticeship students and is one of the largest trainers of apprentices in Ontario.
- Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster: Led by a world-class faculty, Mohawk trains students in outstanding facilities that include the human anatomy and simulation labs and computer and digital labs.
- Stoney Creek Campus for Skilled Trades: The Stoney Creek Campus is the home of the Marshall School of Skilled Trades & Apprenticeship. With top technology and professional facilities for the skilled trades, Mohawk grads are in high demand.
There are polytechnic colleges at Brantford, Ohsweken, and a Skills and Trades Training Center at Ogwehoweh. There is also a Mohawk College Aviation facility at Hamilton, Ontario.
Speaking of research, IDEAWORKS delivers customized support to organizations. The work they do are in the fields of Additive Manufacturing, Augmented & Virtual Reality, Big Data, Cybersecurity, Digital Accessibility, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems, Energy & Power, Healthcare, Industrial Internet of Things, Social Innovation.
Mohawk College Virtual Tour
The College Student Success Innovation Centre (CSSIC – "the Centre") is Canada’s first research centre on the college campus focused on community college student success. Backed with funding from the Province, the Centre is leading Ontario colleges in the design, implementation, assessment, and evaluation of innovative interventions.
The college consists of three libraries which are listed below:
- Stoney Creek
The libraries house a staggering collection of books, journals, ebooks, journals, audiobooks, and so on. The libraries also offer spaces for study.
The college also has a strong research infrastructure and has the following research labs:
- FANUC Robotics Lab
- Journalism Lab
- Multi-Sensory Lab
- Photography Lab
The Residence is located on the Fennell campus and has 170 fully furnished two-bedroom suites with basic cable TV and complimentary Wi-Fi. Students pay only for the 8-month academic year and avoid a 12-month lease. The Front Desk is staffed 24 hours a day providing students with access to Residence staff. The building also features swipe card access and 24-hour video monitoring and is patrolled by Mohawk College Security. Review residence rates here.
Jobs and Placements
Students and alumni can utilize their skills through various methods such as discussions, activities, and exploratory questions with the members of the Student and Graduate Employment team.
CareerReady is the employment support portal where students can access co-op opportunities and full time, part time, and seasonal jobs. Students can also book an appointment for personalized help with their resume, cover letter and interview skills.
The site is also updated with the workshops and employment related events. CareerReady also provides a listing of Co-Curricular Record (CCR) activities students can participate in. It will create an authenticated record of their volunteerism and leadership while being in college.
As per the official reports, 86% of graduates of Mohawk College have been found to have found employment within six months of graduation. 84% of the employers have been found to be satisfied with the performance of the college graduates.
Some famous alumni from Mohawk College include:
- Jillian Barberie, Television personality
- Fred Eisenberger, Mayor of Hamilton
- Gary Jones, Actor of Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis fame
- Alex Pierson, Formerly SUN News Network morning host
- Dominic Agostino, Politician
- Annette Hamm, journalist, CHCH Morning Live host
- Master T (Tony Young), Former VJ for MuchMusic in Toronto
Mohawk College offers two types of financial awards to students:
- Ontario-Ukraine Solidarity Scholarship
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Scholarship
Click here to see more Mohawk College Scholarships
Bursaries (Students who demonstrate financial need and/or meet other specific criteria are eligible for this award.):
Mohawk College Location
Mohawk College is located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. From the Mohawk College, it is almost a 40-50 minute cab ride to the Toronto Pearson Airport, which happens to be the nearest airport to the college. The Mohawk College partners with Airways Transit to get passengers to/from Toronto Pearson International Airport or the local area destination. The nearest railway station is a 10-minute walk. Aldershot is the closest station to Hamilton. There are a number of buses that ply along the route of the college.
All the full-time students receive a 4-month unlimited bus pass for the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) for each semester they are enrolled.
The Niagara Falls and the CN Tower are the best-known locations in the city. Also, there are a number of provincial and national parks in and around Ontario. Students can also visit the Royal Ontario Museum or have fun at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
Mohawk College Map Location
Address : 135 Fennell Ave W, Hamilton, ON L9C 0E5, Canada