Northeastern University Admission
Eligibility & Documents Required for Admission
Northeastern University provides beyond 200 in-class, online and hybrid graduate degree and certificate programmes in 20 distinct fields of study, which gives opportunity to prospective students to pursue their personal and professional goals.
Graduate admissions differ depending on the programme or college. Prospective students should conduct study into their desired programme to learn about the relevant criteria and deadlines.
Application Requirements in General
The following documents must be submitted by all graduate applicants:
- An online application form
- Transcripts from all colleges and schools attended till date as an undergraduate or graduate student
- A personal essay describing your motivation for the programme and your objectives
- $75-$100 non-refundable application fee (if required)
- One to three recommendation letters
- Curriculum vitae and/or a professional resumé
- GRE, LSAT, or GMAT scores that are official (If required by your program)
Admission Dates & Process
Students who do not speak English as a first language must not only complete the steps listed above, but also:
According to your college's requirements, submit proof of English proficiency in the form of official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo exam scores. Please keep in mind that programme requirements differ.
If your English language skill falls short of the minimal criteria for a business, social sciences, engineering, mathematics, or scientific programme, you may apply to the university's Global Pathways programme. Before enrolling in your chosen programme, this programme will help you strengthen your English language abilities and academic understanding.