Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton Courses
NAIT JR Shaw School of Business
The first school is the NAIT JR Shaw School of Business which laid its foundation by starting six business courses and allowing the students to experience six different areas of focus.
The six different areas are:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management
School of Applied Sciences and Technology
The School of Applied Sciences and Technology is NAIT's technological department. It offers 2-year diplomas and 1-year certificate programs which help in preparing the learners for a bright career by polishing their skills in Science and Technology. There are 44 Applied Science and Technology programs provided by the school. The areas in which diploma and certificate courses are provided:
- Analytical Sciences - It consists of programs that include applied science through research and problem solving.
- Construction Management and Design - It consists of programs designed to teach fundamental skills which will help students in management and design of construction, spatial planning and civil engineering projects.
- Energy - The well-designed curriculum provides excellent environment and prepares the student to join the proud workforce of energy professionals and contribute to the safe and sustainable extraction, distribution and processing of fossil fuels.
- Information and Communication Technology - The programs in this field help an individual by providing a solid foundation in skills such as wireless communications, programming and web development.
- Manufacturing and Automation - It consists of programs that give the student a sound understanding of electronics and mechanics and show them how they can apply that knowledge to complex and large-scale systems.
- Media, Creative and Communications - The programs in this field enable the student to nurture and focus creative talents and prepare them for a rewarding career in media and communications.
- Renewable Resources and Environmental Services - The programs listed in this field will help you develop an understanding and appreciation of what their province has to offer, and teach you how to manage these resources to ensure you can support generations to come.
NAIT's School of Health and Life Sciences
NAIT's School of Health and Life Sciences has an exciting and rich tradition of educating health care professionals. In this school, the management is dedicated to being a leader in health education which supports the growth of vital health professions across the globe.
This management wholly focuses on creating an exceptional workforce which can effectively cater to the healthcare industry needs. The school has also been accredited world-wide.
The certificate and diploma programs which this school has to offer are:
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- Animal Health Technology
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Dental Technology
- Denturist Technology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Disaster and Emergency Management
- Laboratory and X-Ray Technology Combined
- Magnetic Resonance
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Medical Laboratory Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Medical Transcription
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Primary Care Paramedic
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Medical Assistant
NAIT's School of Skilled Trades
This school offers training in over 40 programs providing pre-employment certificates and diplomas. The School of Skilled Trades is one of the leading education providers offering apprenticeship certificates. The programs under these schools have been developed for imparting skills which business and industries look for in prospective employees. This school provides multiple training opportunities.
Some of the support programs that the school provides are sorted into departments. These programmes are taught by highly educated professionals.
The programs in the school which fit a student's career path are:
- Pre-Employment Training - This is for students who do not want to work right away and are not currently employed.
- Apprenticeship Training - Apprenticeship is a method of gaining the expertise needed to become a skilled tradesperson. The training is done through the combination of hands-on and on-the-job teaching referred to as technical training.
- Culinary Arts - The students at NAIT in the field of culinary arts are trained with the best faculty and staff and up-to-date curriculum and the state-of-the-art Hokanson Centre for Culinary Arts.
- Trades to Degrees.- Learning options are flexible and designed to fit individual learner needs. Courses are offered during the day, evenings, weekends and online.