Northumbria University at Newcastle Overview
Northumbria University at Newcastle - Overview and Background
1877 - Rutherford College of Technology, 1969 - Newcastle Polytechnic
John Hunter Rutherford
Public Research University
The age of learning
|Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
63% – 85.5%
|Faculty to Student Ratio||
Official Website Link
Northumbria University at Newcastle Virtual Tour
USPs of the University
- Works with major players in the industry
- Partnered with other higher education institutions globally
- Highly ranked (21st out of 111 universities in the 2014 Times Higher Education Student Satisfaction Survey)
Jobs and Placements
The university was ranked 16th in the UK in 2016 for the number of graduates employed or studying at a graduate level. The graduates of the university scored higher than the national employability average.
Top recruiters are Nike, IBM, Nissan, Procter & Gamble, the BBC, and the NHS
The university has numerous laboratories, prototyping workshops, CAD suites, media labs, etc.
- University-owned and -managed accommodation options are also available for students.
- The sports centers have a sprint track, a fitness center, a six-lane 25m swimming pool, squash courts, and a number of outdoor pitches.
Students can choose from the following options and the rent varies from EUR 80 to 130.
- Lovaine Hall
- Glenamara House
- Trinity Square
- Liberty Quay
- Claude Gibb
- Liberty Central
- New Bridge Street
Some famous alumni from Northumbria University at Newcastle include:
- Sting, musician.
- Alexei Mordashov, Russian billionaire businessman.
- Sir Jonathan Ive, former Chief Design Officer at Apple Inc.
- Sam Ainsley, artist
- Bibiana Aído Almagro, Spanish politician, previously served as Minister for Equality
- Tunde Baiyewu, vocalist, lead singer of the Lighthouse Family
- Rodney Bickerstaffe, former General Secretary of UNISON
- Gavin Brown, art dealer
Northumbria University at Newcastle Location
Newcastle City Campus: Sutherland Building, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Coach Lane Campus: Benton, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- London Campus: Middlesex Street, London
There are direct rail services running from many UK cities to Newcastle Central Station
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- The Tyne Bridges
- Historic Quayside
- Newcastle Castle
- Newcastle Cathedral
- Grainger Town and Grey's Monument
Northumbria University at Newcastle Map Location
Address - Sutherland Building, 2 Ellison Pl, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST, United Kingdom