Ucl (University College London) Overview
University College London - Overview & Background
London University (1826–1836)
Thomas Campbell & Henry Brougham
Public Research University
Let all come who by merit deserve the most reward
|Faculty to Student Ratio||
Official Website Link
+44 20 7679 2000
University College London Virtual Tour
USPs of the University
- Has built connections with famous teaching hospitals like Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, the Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- Has been rated among the top for Research strength by Research Excellence Framework in 2014.
- 29 students/academics have been awarded the Nobel Prize. 11 UCL Honorary Graduates and Fellows have also been given the award.
Job and Placements
- Connected with over 1000 employers.
- UCL Careers helps students get advice on job opportunities.
- UCL JobOnline is the online job portal.
- UCL Talent Bank helps students connect with different employers.
- The university houses buildings that have even been used for filming purposes, for example, Front Quad was used as a model for ancient Rome in Gladiator.
- Contains 6000 beds in 26 halls
Some famous alumni from University College London include
- Francis Augustus Cox, Baptist Minister, active supporter of the foundation of UCL
- Jeremy Bentham, English philosopher; a leading advocate for the foundation of UCL
- Sir James Mackintosh, Scottish jurist, politician and historian
- William Wilkins, Original architect of the main campus
- Sir Stephen Wall, British diplomat, leading Catholic layman, chairman of Council
- Thorold Dickinson, Film maker; Britain's first Professor of Film Studies
- Roger Fry, Painter, art critic
Cameron Sinclair, Co-founder of Architecture for Humanity
University College London Location
- University College London, Gower Street, London.
- Available either in front of the main gate or in front of Warren Street Station.
- Euston, King’s Cross, and St Pancras are the closest stations.
London Underground (Tube) Services
- Euston Square (Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle lines)
- Warren Street (Northern and Victoria lines)
- Euston (Northern and Victoria lines)
- Russell Square (Piccadilly line) are the closest.
- Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton and London City Airport.
- University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU.
University College London Map Location
Address: Gower St, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom