University at Buffalo SUNY Admission
Eligibility Criteria & Documents Required
Although admission criteria differ by degree, the following are some typical graduate entry requirements. For particular advice and specifics on submitting applications and paperwork, one should contact their chosen department.
To be eligible for graduate studies at UB, you must have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited/government-recognized college or university. The majority of these degrees will be four years or more; some three-year degrees will be accepted, but not all.
- B or above in your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses (GPA of 3.0).
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, etc.). Test scores are not required for all programmes.
- Recommendations letters
Language Proficiency in English Requirements: All international students must take one of the tests listed below and get a minimum score required by the university.
- TOEFL (IBT) (including MyBest scores); TOEFL Home Edition : 79
- TOEFL Essentials : 8.5
- TOEFL (PBT) and TOEFL ITP Plus : 550
- IELTS and IELTS Indicator : 6.5
- PTE Academic; PTE Academic Online : 55
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) : 185
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) : 185
- Duolingo English Test (DET) : 120
It's worth noting that many graduate programmes have stricter minimum requirements. It's critical to get in touch with your department immediately to find out what the minimal score criteria are for your programme.
Admission Dates & Process
Individual schools and programmes have different application dates. For the most up-to-date information, please visit your department's website or contact them directly.
- Step 1: Select your application: You can apply directly to UB for the majority of UB's graduate programmes.
- Step 2: Begin the application process: You'll need to create an account with an email address and a password to begin your online graduate application. This will be associated with all UB applications once it is developed. Please make sure the email address you use for this account is active throughout the application process.
- Step 3: Complete and submit your formal review application: The prerequisites and deadlines for each programme are different. You must upload all essential documents to your online application. You must upload all essential materials to each application if you are applying to several programmes.
- Step 4: Pay the fee(s) for your application: Each programme you apply to will demand a non-refundable application fee. The cost of applying varies depending on the programme.
- Step 5: Electronically submit official test results
- Step 6: Gather all relevant materials and submit them: Additional application materials may be required by your programme. Before the deadline, make sure to upload all supplementary materials to your application. Materials that are absent from an application may be considered incomplete.
- Step 7: Receive your admission decision: Once an admission decision has been made, you will be advised to log in to your student status site for information on your admission status, as well as any further financial help or support offers that may be available.