University Canada West Overview
- University Canada West - Overview & Background
- University Canada West Virtual Tour
- Campus & Accommodation
- University Canada West Location
- Faculty and Pedagogy
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Jobs and Placements
- Notable Alumni
- Entry Criteria & Exam Requirements
- Comparison to other Universities
University Canada West - Overview & Background
To be relevant, accessible, and innovative.
|Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Faculty to Student Ratio||
90,000 square feet
Official Website Link
University Canada West Virtual Tour
Campus & Accommodation
University Canada West is a modern institution with a business and technology focus. There are two campuses of UCW located in downtown Vancouver: West Pender Campus and Vancouver House Campus.
The information about UCW's campuses is as follows:
- The campuses are close to bus routes, the SeaBus terminal, and the Waterfront SkyTrain Station, among other forms of public transportation.
- The University Canada West neighborhood is thriving, with a variety of eateries, shops, and facilities for fitness and entertainment.
- Up to 52 different nationalities make up the student body at UCW.
University Canada West (UCW) does not offer on-campus lodging or lodging reservation services. It has teamed up with 4stay to provide students with a range of housing options and inexpensive places to stay near the university campus and Greater Vancouver.
UCW makes no promises regarding prices or availability. Each service provider outlines its own leasing policies. UCW advises that you thoroughly consider all of your alternatives before making a decision.
These consist of:
- Hostels/Beds and Breakfasts
- Student Residence
- Rentals and others
- The average rent for shared rooms varies from CAD 650 to CAD 850.
- Homestays and apartments are both forms of lodging.
- Wifi, washing facilities, electricity, etc. are the major amenities.
- Availability of both furnished and unfurnished apartments.
- Several service providers demand a 6-month lease.
The infrastructure of each of University Canada West's two conveniently located campuses is as follows:
Vancouver House Campus
One of the most well-known projects in recent Vancouver history is where UCW’s new campus, Vancouver House, is located. The campus occupies more than 90,000 square feet in two of the podium structures of the renowned Vancouver House development, a work of architecture by BIG's Bjarke Ingels that is well-known throughout the world.
Vancouver House is located in the Beach District, the city's newest neighborhood, and is close to English Bay, Sunset Beach, Granville Island, and Vancouver's 28-kilometer seawall, the longest continuous waterfront path in the world.
West Pender Campus
The West Pender Campus is currently housed on six floors of the early 20th-century heritage office structure known as The London Building. It is located in the financial sector of Vancouver and is close to bus routes, the SeaBus terminal, and the Waterfront SkyTrain Station. There are many restaurants, shops, entertainment options, shopping malls, and fitness centers in this active and energetic neighborhood.
University Canada West Location
Address - 626 W Pender St #100, Vancouver, BC V6B 1V9, Canada
Faculty & Pedagogy
Since day one, the UCW team has gone above and beyond to guarantee smooth application and enrollment processes into the institution. Starting with new student orientation, the kind and competent UCW staff does a fantastic job of ensuring that students are supported and aware of the university's expectations of them. To ensure students' personal and professional development, the school offers great support through seminars, information sessions, and one-on-one meetings with departments. UCW staff members oversee students' direction and assist with our pre-arrival preparations for Canada. Teams at UCW help new students adjust to the institution by providing creative and beneficial resources and assistance throughout the time as students. The college offers pertinent courses, and the highly knowledgeable and skilled instructors push and mentor students to develop their skill sets and arm with the information and practical experience required to become better professionals. UCW's programs work to further shape the students into valuable assets for their fields of interest and to help them succeed in their professions.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Entrance awards, scholarships, and grants from University Canada West (UCW) are available to new students who are submitting applications to an undergraduate or graduate programme at UCW. Applying for continuing student Awards may be possible for students who are currently enrolled at UCW.
At UCW, scholarships are offered to overseas students through a variety of university awards, student employment opportunities, and outside funding.
The International Scholarship Application form must be used to apply for scholarships by international students.
The following scholarships are offered to UCW's international students:
- Scholarships for Academic Excellence for International students: This scholarship, worth 10,000–20,000 CAD annually, is awarded to students with outstanding academic standing who submitted a Scholarship & Award Application at the same time they applied for admission to UCW.
- Southeast Asia Regional Grant: International students from Cambodia, Singapore, Brunei, Laos, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Myanmar, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam are eligible for this award. Application is made through the Scholarship & Award Application form while submitting an admissions application, and it has a value of 9,450–18,900 CAD.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education scholarships: This organization provides meritorious international students with a variety of scholarships, including Excellence Awards.
Jobs & Placements
UCW dedicates its MBA programmes to developing the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders. Canadian MBA graduates may expect to make between 55,000 and 150,000 CAD as consultants, according to QS Top MBA. Alumni from University of Canada West are employed by prestigious companies like Scotiabank, Apple, Telus, Nestle, Oakville Trading, Walt Disney World, Siemens, SoftMoc, SAP, EmpowerID, The Marketing Kangaroos, GPP, Sigamlux, Danone, and RBC.
Some more facts include:
- 96% of MBA graduates found employment within one year of graduation.
- The institution offers free practical workshops that include topics like personal branding and networking techniques.
- Students can tailor their degrees at University Canada West by choosing from a variety of elective subjects. The university requires its students to maintain a 3.0 GPA (83-86%) on a 4.0 scale in order to continue in good standing. The institution draws students from around the world with a range of interests and career levels with its many flexible programs. Business and technology firms like Shopify, Amazon, Salesforce, Facebook, and many others are powering practical business courses.
Some of the notable alumni include:
Theo - auditor for the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC)
Dr. Amanfi - chief technical officer of Empower ID.
Lindani - facility production assistant at Sony Pictures Imageworks
Jacky - one of the largest privately owned logistics companies in Canada.
Entry Criteria & Exam Requirements
Admission to University Canada West is available year-round for the four terms of fall, winter, spring, or summer. The information listed below can be used by international students applying for admission to UCW:
- Application Portal: Online application.
- Application Fee: 150 CAD (9,320 INR)
Graduate Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (83–86%) GPA
- GRE and GMAT (Average GMAT score: 600-650)
- English language proficiency certification:
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall and at least 6.0 in the writing part
- 88 on the TOEFL (iBT), with a minimum score of 20 in each component
- PTE Academic: a minimum writing component score of 60 and an overall score of 61
- Duolingo: totaling 105
Comparison to other Universities
The QS Stars higher education grading system has awarded UCW a reputation-building 5-star grade. Notably, it received five stars, making it the first university in British Columbia and the third in Canada. Additionally, UCW is well known for its strengths in education, academic advancement, employment, and online learning.
Every year, more than 6500 students from all around the world select UCW. UCW is "a home more fun than home" because of the diversity of its people, languages, and cultures.
Graduate and undergraduate programmes at University Canada West include well-designed programmes like the MBA, MBA-ACCA route, Bachelor of Commerce, Associate of Arts, etc. UCW is a welcoming university for international students because the amenities include cutting-edge technology in teaching methods, libraries, labs, and small classrooms.
Some more reasons as to why University Canada West is chosen most:
- 100% employability for MBA graduates within six months.
- University with a focus on business and technology and a strong emphasis on hands-on learning
- MBA and Bachelor of Commerce programs that are accredited by the NCMA and the ACBSP
- A university with a strong teaching focus and knowledgeable, experienced faculty with practical work experience
- Small class sizes in a dynamic and practical learning environment
- Study in the center of the thriving business district of Vancouver
- Unique access to a network of potential employers thanks to two downtown campuses.
- There are numerous networking opportunities and more than 100 different nationalities of students here.
- Individual academic advising and planning services
- A setting that prioritizes students, extra assistance, and free seminars
- Student-focused programmes and events with fully engaged student services
- Experts in Career Development to assist you in obtaining your ideal position