University of Cincinnati Admission
Eligibility & Documents Required for Admission:
- UC requires a B average in undergraduate courses to be considered for a graduate program.
- A three- or four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent is necessary,
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination There is no minimum criterion; nevertheless, the prior year's class average should be checked.
- Work experience is required, although there is no set minimum.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Testing System (IELTS), the Duolingo English Test, or the PEARSON Test of English(PTE) are the most common ways for students to meet the English requirement.
- For graduate admission, an overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS is sufficient. A score of 105 on the Duolingo English Test (160-point scale) is sufficient. A score of 47 is sufficient for PEARSON. The TOEFL requirements differ depending on the type of TOEFL test taken, and scores are good for two years. The minimum university requirement is:
- 520 points on a paper-based test,
- 190 points on a computer-based test, or
- 80 points on internet-based test
The following documents will be included in a typical application to the University of Cincinnati:
- A completed online graduate application at a university.
- Unofficial versions of all college transcripts.
- Recommendation letters sent using the online recommendation system. Former professors, employers, and other professionals with knowledge of the topic of study can serve as recommenders.
- Qualifying exam results, such as the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- English Competence - All applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. At the graduate level, students can demonstrate proficiency in a variety of methods. TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, and Pearson are among the tests that are accepted. An at-home version of the TOEFL is offered.
- Intent letter or a personal statement.
Admission Dates & Process
The deadline for Fall Semester 2022 applications is January 15, 2022. Financial aid will be considered for all students who submit their applications by January 15, 2022. Financial aid and assistantships do not require separate applications. For overseas applicants, the deadline is March 31, 2022, with supporting documents due no later than April 15, 2022. Applications for
UC citizens are accepted till 1st June, 2022.
Through the university's application portal, one can apply for any graduate programme.
- First, you must register as a first-time user to create an account.
- After logging in, click the 'Start New Application' button to begin your application.
- Complete all relevant fields and submit all required documents.
- Fill out the application and submit it.
Wait for the results.