University of Maryland, College Park Admission
Eligibility Criteria & Documents Required
- B average, or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, in a programme leading to the award of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree and standing from a comparable international institution, is the minimum academic criteria for regular admission to the Graduate School.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements:
- Application form - A non-refundable $75 application processing fee
- Transcripts · GRE Scores (required by certain programs).
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Resumé or CV
- Writing Sample (Selected programs evaluate their candidates’ ability to write).
- Department or Supplemental Requirements (Some programs require additional information regarding your background or research interests).
Admission Dates & Process
Admission Dates per semester are:
- Fall: July 1 – September 15
- Summer: April 1 – June 15
- Spring: December 1 – February 15
- STEP 1: Fill out the online application: Complete the TerpEngage Graduate Admissions System's online graduate application and attach a copy of your official transcript for each institution you attended.
- STEP 2: Seek and contact letters of recommendation references: Applicants should double-check the number of letters required with the program's requirements. Current or past professors, as well as other professionals who can testify to an applicant's academic abilities, work ethic, and intellectual skills, should serve as recommenders.
- STEP 3: Transcripts must be submitted: Applicants must submit a scanned copy of their transcript(s) from each institution attended (in the original language, with literal English translation).
- STEP 4: Submit your test results: Only official test scores provided directly from testing agencies will be accepted by the Graduate School.
- STEP 5: Pay the application fee: For each programme to which you apply, you will be charged a non-refundable $75 application processing fee.
- STEP 6: Await the results and keep an eye on the application's progress.