The United States of America is perhaps the best country in the world for education due to the government’s immense investment in education. World class infrastructure, a friendly learning environment and great job opportunities are what make it conducive for international students to study in the US. Every year there are more than 9,00,000 students who go to the US to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
As there are so many people applying, so the US has some really stringent rules to give admission. Securing a university admit requires great scores along with a good letter of recommendation and a stellar Statement of Purpose.
Even after a university admit, a student can pursue their studies only when they get an F-1 visa. The F1 visa is the student visa issued to most of the students. After applying for the Visa, there is an interview process taken by an embassy officer.
Here are some do’s and don’ts to follow for the entire visa process to help increase your chances of securing the visa:
- Take all the required documents such as the I-20/ Sevis form, the D-160 form, receipt of the visa application fee. Sevis receipt fee, appointment letter, passport or the Xerox, passport sized photograph
- Take the documents to show your finances and how you are going to manage your study fees. Hence it is very important to get a clear idea of your finances before you go
- Fill all the forms in black ballpoint pen
For the interview day:-
If you are a resident of India, then the interview will be at the closest visa centre where you have been living for the past 6 months.
- Prepare and dress well.
- Ensure you have all the documents.
- Speak the truth and prepare for questions like
“Why the United States and not India or Europe?”, “Why did you choose this university? ”, “What plans after MS?” , “How do you plan to fund your education?”
- Ensure that you tell them that you plan on returning to India after your education is over.
- Be polite and confident in your answers.
Get Help In Visa Application At Lowest Cost With GyanDhan
- Produce false documents. It can result in problems in the visa process
- Book visa interview more than 120 days in advance
- Argue in case of rejection
- Wear any unnecessary accessories on the face in the photo unless they are for religious purposes
- Overdo on any question. Be to the point.
We hope your interview and the visa process goes smoothly on your interview day and you get an affirmative student visa.