- It serves as proof that you are a student enrolled in a study program in the United States.
- Paying your I-901 SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System Fee) which comes out to about 200 USD.
- Applying for a non-immigrant visa at the US Consulate.
- Entering the US, for it will have to be presented to the Custom and Border Protection officers.
- Applying for a driver’s license or a social security number in the States.
Any loans/scholarships can serve as valid proofs of liquidity for its procurement. The savings/fixed deposits owned by your sponsors (2-3, and preferably all related to you) are considered as well.
- The Visa Application Process: The final step in your quest for achieving that world-class education you’ve always dreamed of, is right in front of you[JS1] . Provided the two former steps have been carried out smoothly, this last one is nothing short of a piece of cake. Except for the long lines at the Consulate for obtaining the visa, everything else is pretty much sorted by now. All you need is to show liquid funds for your entire study period. You need to be able to convince the Visa Officer that you can cover for any and every expense that may arise, and in doing so, maintain a certain quality of life while you are there. The same monetary proofs that you used for procuring the I-20 form, can be used here as well. Just make sure to not include illiquid assets such as “home” in your visa application.
Now that you’re aware of the financial obligations that arise before you begin the next phase of your life, here’s a question – What according to you was the most recurring term in all the aforementioned stages?
In case you haven’t guessed it already, here’s what it was – “LIQUID FUNDS”
This is where we come into the picture. GyanDhan, in collaboration with Indian banks, lets you avail the loans you need. These loans can be taken either with or without collateral. The loan procurement process in our country is still a relatively slow one, and amidst all the chaos you will be in, we believe that you’ll need all the help you can get. It is literally our job description to know the ins and outs of this process. We know what you need to do, when you need to do it, and how you need to do it – and we’re here to do it with you. So sit back, relax, and let us worry about where the money comes from.