- Amount - CAD 5,000
- Validity - N.A
- Features - Offered by The Lime Network, it is one of the MBA scholarships in Canada for Indian students. To be eligible, the student should have a visible or non-visible disability. The aid is open to all colleges in Canada and to other degrees like computer science, maths, physics, and engineering but prefers a candidate interested in pursuing a career in financial services. Know more.
- CAD 10,000; if there are 2 consecutive study terms in an academic year
- CAD 15,000; if there are 3 consecutive study terms in an academic year
- Validity - 1-2 academic years (depending on the number of academic terms)
- Features - The OGS is a government-backed scholarship bestowed to full-time students studying in a participating university in Ontario. The aid is merit-based, and a student must have a minimum average of 80%. The precise application differs from school to school. Know more.
- Amount - INR 1,00,00- INR 10,00,000
- Validity - N.A
- Features - A loan scholarship provided by the J.N. Tata Endowment, it is meant for an Indian student who has applied for a course abroad which is at least 2 years long. The precise amount awarded differs from applicant to applicant. The student must have attained a minimum of 60% in his/her last academic examination. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 3,500 - CAD 5,000
- Validity - N.A
- Features - The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is offered to an international student who has applied to the University of Winnipeg for Master’s and diploma courses and has exhibited leadership through actions. The first-year student also needs a minimum 80% admission average. Know More.
- Amount - CAD 14,000 per year
- Validity - 12 or 24 months
- Features - The fellowship awards monetary support to a master’s student in all the fields of study. The student must be studying full-time with a minimum admission GPA of 3.0. The scholarship is generally offered to a student with “superior intellectual ability and academic accomplishment.” Know more.
- Amount - CAD 10,000
- Validity - 3 Years
- Features - Dalhousie University grants the Nova Scotia Research and Innovation Graduate Scholarships to international students. Eligibility requires a minimum 3.7 GPA and enrolment in a thesis program at master’s level in one of these areas: Ocean Science and Technology, Information and Communications Technology, Clean Technology (including Materials Research), Financial Services Research, Life Sciences, Aerospace & Defence, Health & Wellness, Resource Sectors or Social Innovation. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 20,000
- Validity - Annual
- Features - Provided by the University of Waterloo, the aid is meant for those students who have exhibited academic excellence, i.e., have a minimum of 80% marks and are applying for a full-time engineering degree. A master’s and PhD scholarship in Canada for Indian students, the Hira and Kamal Ahuja International Graduate Scholarship gives preference to those “who either completed their undergraduate degree at Thapar University in Punjab or graduated from an IIT.” Know more.
- Amount - CAD 500 to CAD 1000
- Validity - Duration of the course
- Features - The Seneca College grants this scholarship to full-time international students entering a diploma program. The award is conferred based on previous academic history (average of 80% or more). The scholarship is renewable as long as the student remains full-time and maintains a 3.0 GPA. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 1,495 to CAD 5,500
- Validity - N.A
- Features - TSoM diversity scholarship is assigned on merit-basis. Apart from his/her previous academic performance, the student must act as a college ambassador by participating in outreach and alumni engagement initiatives. The scholarship is paid at the start of the diploma program and can only be used for tuition fees. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 5,000
- Validity - Provided each academic year
- Features - The scholarship is granted to students enrolled in full-time PG diploma at George Brown College. Indian students with an excellent academic record are encouraged by the school to apply. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 1000
- Validity - N.A
- Features - The scholarship, funded by Assist on Global Service, is open to all international students enrolled in a 2-year diploma program at George Brown College. The student must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA along with being involved in the community either in college or outside. Know more.
- Amount - CAD 1,000
- Validity - Annual
- Features - Offered by the Laval University to international students, the Hydro-Québec admission scholarship requires an average of 3.67 or higher during undergraduate studies. The student has to be accepted in the fall semester of an eligible program. Know more.
- Amount - Variable
- Validity - N.A
- Features - The Humber College, one of the best schools for PG diploma in Canada, awards a number of scholarships for first-year students. One example is the Professional Writing and Communications Specialist Entrance Scholarship worth CAD 1,000. It is granted to a student who proves “academic proficiency (minimum of 80% average) and potential in the field of professional writing and communication.” Another example being 10 scholarships provided to students enrolling in diploma programmes in Civil Engineering Technology, Sustainable Energy and Building Technology, Architectural Technology, Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology. Know more.
- Searching - You need to start your research and look for scholarships for your desired program and university. There are various scholarships and awards available for Indian students, but the time is limited. An early start means being able to make the right decision.
- Preparation - The eligibility, terms and conditions of each scholarship will differ. For instance, one might just need your academic records, while another may require you to write a personal essay. Be prepared with the facts and figures before you start the application.
- Organisation - Most scholarship applications will require a whole collection of documents and papers. Make sure you have organised them all before applying for the scholarships.
- Applying - A scholarship application is akin to an interview. You have to put your best foot forward. Double-check that you include accurate and all the information asked and the supporting documents. Ask someone to proofread it to remove spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- If you’re still pursuing your bachelor’s, aim for at least 80% marks. Better academic performance equals better scholarship odds.
- When you sit for the GMAT, GRE, or IELTS, try for the highest grades possible. Many scholarships consider these scores while granting financial aid.
- An excellent letter of Recommendation can seriously boost the chances of your scholarship application. Request your teachers, professors, and colleagues to pen a great LoR.
- Answer every question asked in the application, even the optional ones.
- The grade point average is not maintained as per the scholarship rules.
- The scholarship was for a specific major or subject, and the student switches to another field of study.
- The grant required a specific number of credit hours, and you fail to fulfil them. It can change your student status from full-time to part-time or half-time, which impacts the aid.
- The scholarship fund is utilised for some purpose other than the one mentioned in the terms.
Published date: 12 Feb 2020
Updated on: 15 Aug 2020
Indian students are a big part of Canada’s education sector. In 2018, they grew by 40%! In 2018 alone, the number of Indian students studying in Canada reached the 172,600 benchmarks, making India the leading sender of students to Canada, even ahead of China. A scholarship is a financial grant awarded to a student to help him/her pursue further education. It is based either on merit or need of the student. It can be offered by the college, by the home country, or a third-party. College-Specific Scholarships The process of applying for a scholarship in Canada is a blend of art and science. We tell you how to wrap up the process in four quick steps. Utilize the following tips on how to get scholarships in Canada to your best advantage: Need more tips? Give this article a quick read. Getting a scholarship is not the end of the journey. You can lose a scholarship if: Pursuing a master’s in Canada is a cherished dream of droves of Indian students. Yet, even the most qualified ones find the financial hurdle insurmountable. Scholarships give a lucrative solution to this problem.
Given the massive popularity of the country, it stands to reason that there is a corresponding rise in scholarships for Indian students in Canada. That’s the topic of the day – finding scholarships to study master’s or PG diploma in the Great White North.
Why are Canada Scholarships for Indian Students Great Ways to Finance Education?
Landing scholarships to study in Canada for Indian students is a great way to fund higher education because unlike an education loan, they don’t require repayment. Essentially, the right scholarship helps a student finish their course debt-free.
Applying To Colleges/ Universities In Canada? Get Help From GyanDhan & Increase The Chances Of Admissions !
Canadian Scholarships Available for all International Students
1. BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship
2. Ontario Graduate Scholarship
3. J.N. Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians
Scholarships for Studying Abroad for Indian Students in Canada
4. President’s Scholarship for World Leaders - University of Winnipeg
5. University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship - University of Manitoba
6. Nova Scotia Research and Innovation Graduate Scholarship - Dalhousie University
7. Hira and Kamal Ahuja International Graduate Scholarship - University of Waterloo
8. Seneca Renewable Entrance Scholarship of Merit - Seneca College
9. Toronto School of Management Diversity Scholarship - Toronto School of Management
10. Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarship - George Brown College
11. Assist-on Scholarship - George Brown College
12. Hydro-Québec Admission Scholarship - Laval University
13. Humber Entrance Scholarships - Humber College
How to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for Indian Students?
How to Increase the Odds of Getting a Scholarship?
How to Make Sure a Scholarship for Indian Students in Canada is Not Revoked?
Get the Right Scholarship for Canada: Use GyanDhan’s Scholarship Finder
But is finding MBA and MS scholarships for Indian students in Canada (or any other degree) as easy as it seems? Given the intense competition to study abroad and the huge number of scholarships on offer, obviously not. Use GyanDhan’s extensive scholarship finder to look for the right grant as per your course-country-college combination to ease your financial burden to the utmost.
Indian students are a big part of Canada’s education sector. In 2018, they grew by 40%! In 2018 alone, the number of Indian students studying in Canada reached the 172,600 benchmarks, making India the leading sender of students to Canada, even ahead of China.
A scholarship is a financial grant awarded to a student to help him/her pursue further education. It is based either on merit or need of the student. It can be offered by the college, by the home country, or a third-party.
The process of applying for a scholarship in Canada is a blend of art and science. We tell you how to wrap up the process in four quick steps.
Utilize the following tips on how to get scholarships in Canada to your best advantage:
Need more tips? Give this article a quick read.
Getting a scholarship is not the end of the journey. You can lose a scholarship if:
Pursuing a master’s in Canada is a cherished dream of droves of Indian students. Yet, even the most qualified ones find the financial hurdle insurmountable. Scholarships give a lucrative solution to this problem.
Yogender is a tech enthusiast with specialization in digital marketing. He is currently working at Gyandhan a leading company which provides Education Loan who are studying Abroad. Playing Volleyball, driving a car, traveling, researching new online marketing trends are some of his interest areas that keeps his rejuvenated.