The Google PhD Fellowship Program provides graduate students in Computer Science and related fields with valuable research opportunities and support. It aims to foster inclusive research and promote a bright future in technology by welcoming candidates from diverse national and racial backgrounds. Indian students starting their Ph.D. can receive a maximum fellowship amount of 50,000 USD over a period of up to 4 years, while those in the final stage of their studies will receive 10,000 USD for 1 year.
Type of scholarship
Level of program
What are the benefits of a Google PhD Fellowship?
The Google Ph.D. Fellowship benefits include the following:
- Early Ph.D. Scholars: Up to 50,000 USD for 4 years, including a stipend, research-related activities, and overseas travel.
- Last-stage PhD Scholars: Up to 10,000 USD for 1 year, including a stipend, research-related activities, and overseas travel.
- Guidance of a Google Research Mentor
What are the requirements for the Google Ph.D. Fellowship?
To be a beneficiary of the program, an applicant has to meet the Google PhD Fellowship eligibility criteria listed below:
- Fellowship is available to applicants from Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and the United States.
- Should enroll in a full-time PhD program
- Should not have any other source of funding except the government or non-profit organizations
- Past beneficiaries are ineligible
How to apply for Google Ph.D. Fellowship?
- Review the eligibility criteria and ensure you meet the requirements.
- Develop a research proposal aligned with Google's specified research areas.
- Gather required documents such as transcripts, CV, and letters of recommendation.
- Complete the online application form with accurate information.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
Apply here for Google PhD Fellowship Program
- Research proposal of maximum 3 pages excluding references
- 2 - 3 letters of recommendation
- Resume with details of publications, if any
- Short resume of the candidate’s primary PhD program advisor
- All academic mark sheets from the first semester of bachelor’s
How to get selected for the Google Ph.D. Fellowship?
Applications for the Google PhD Fellowship Program are evaluated against the following concerns:
- Research proposal’s strength - prioritizes innovative concepts that can impact the future of technology
- Applicant’s academic achievements
- Leadership potential
How can you contact Google Ph.D. Fellowship?
Candidates can register queries related to the Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program at the following email address:
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The information on this page is taken from the official website of the Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program. See the original source for any change in the data provided, like dates, facts, etc.
Frequently asked questions
Is there any age limit to apply for the Google Ph.D. Fellowships?
Applicants of all age groups can apply for the Google Ph.D. Fellowships if they meet the eligibility requirements.
What is the minimum GPA requirement for the Google Ph.D. Fellowships?
There is no minimum GPA requirement specified for the Google Ph.D. Fellowships. However, it is mandatory that applicants must maintain an excellent academic track from their undergraduate to Ph.D.
Do the Google Ph.D. Fellowships fund the expenses of dependents?
There is no provision to fund the dependent costs under the Google Ph.D. Fellowships
What are the areas of study eligible for the Google Ph.D. Fellowships?
The Google Ph.D. Fellowships are awarded for advanced studies oin Computer Science and Technology. Some of the eligible areas of study for the fellowships include the following:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neural and Cognitive Sciences
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Recommender Systems
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
How the Google Ph.D. Fellowships are distributed?
The Google Ph.D. Fellowships are paid to the university’s account for distribution to the recipients.
Can the recipients of Google Ph.D. Fellowships apply for other scholarships by Google?
The recipients of Google Ph.D. Fellowships can apply for other scholarships by Google.
How many students can be nominated by an institution for Google Ph.D. Fellowships?
There is no restriction on the number of nominations by an institution for the Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program. However, the number of beneficiaries will depend on the available funding and other eligibility criteria.