We found 31 results for your search, listing 10 results below
Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad
In a student’s pursuit of higher education, scholarships and grants play a very important role. With the cost of higher education seeing a sharp rise, both in Indian as well as foreign universities, a scholarship is a huge relief in taking away a part of the financial burden – both on the student and their families. In fact, a scholarship helps a student concentrate all his/her attention on academic, extra-curricular and social pursuits, rather than worrying about finances. If you too are an Indian student who aspires to study abroad and are under the impression that there are very few scholarships for International students, then let us make a revelation. International students are eligible to apply for a number of scholarships given out by government agencies, Universities, and even private organizations. However, in the absence of proper information, a large percentage of Indian students miss out on applying for these scholarships and thereby availing their benefits. This page is dedicated to all such students who are unaware of the numerous scholarships available. We have tried to list down every possible international scholarship for Indian students headed for higher studies at a popular foreign Universities and also keep on updating our database for the benefit of our readers.
Types of Scholarships for Higher Education Abroad
- Merit-based scholarship: As the name suggests, these scholarships are given to students who have proved their merit – either in the field of academic, sports, extra-curricular or something similar. These scholarships take into account a student’s exceptional achievement in any of the above fields. Most Universities offer such scholarships to deserving students who have demonstrated their achievements in these fields.
- Need-based scholarships: These scholarships take into account a student’s financial background. In order to be eligible for these scholarships, students should belong to a financially weaker background and should need financial assistance for pursuing their desired program. Though the student’s financial background is the primary concern for this scholarship, it should be remembered that even for this kind of scholarship, a student’s academic record is considered and only students who have demonstrated their zeal to learn and their academic prowess are given this scholarship.
- Country-specific scholarships: Many governments, public authorities, or universities award scholarships, bursaries and funds to students belonging to a particular country. For example, The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), in a bid to promote “understanding between the people of the United States and India through academic and cultural exchange” offers Fulbright-Nehru fellowships, Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship etc. for Indian students studying in the U.S.A.
- College-specific scholarships: These scholarships are specific to individual colleges are awarded only to Indian students pursuing any program in that specific college. These scholarships are highly competitive and students are awarded this based on their academic performance, over-all profile, personal achievements in any field etc.
- Student-specific scholarships: These are scholarships that are given to students with distinct characteristics – belonging to a certain gender, race, religion, medical history etc. This varies from college to college and is targeted towards minority group students, who face some sort of disadvantage at some level, in a bid to give them equal opportunities.
How can GyanDhan help Students?
Confused with various kinds of scholarships listed above and wondering which ones you are eligible for or how to apply for these? Well, worry not as GyanDhan is there to help you out. We at GyanDhan understand the huge role that scholarships play in pursuing higher education in abroad. With Scholarships, there is a considerable reduction in a student’s financial burden and hence we encourage our students to keep a lookout for all scholarships that they may be eligible for. In a bid to help our students with their study abroad dream, we have a dedicated page that lists down numerous scholarships. Our readers who want to go abroad for higher education can search for scholarships available using various filters and keywords. Each scholarship page also houses the application link, which you can follow to directly apply. If you’re looking for help with the application, our study abroad partners may be able to help, just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - and we’ll connect you with them.
Some of the advantages of taking GyanDhan’s help when searching for scholarships are as follows:
- Students who are looking for basic information on the kind of scholarships available for them can simply search for these on our page! .
- Students can search for scholarships by either selecting just the target country of their study or their target research area. Students can even select their target school and get a list of scholarships that their school awards to international students.
- Students can even register with us and get timely and detailed updates on various scholarships that they might be eligible for.
We strive to help our readers at every stage of their study abroad dream, including on which scholarships to apply to. To know more get in touch with us now.