The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship is a scholarship program established in the memory of Lady Meherbai D Tata, the wife of Sir Dorabji Tata. The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to Indian women who wish to pursue higher education abroad in specific fields such as social work, social sciences, education, healthcare, and medicine.
The scholarship is open to Indian women between the ages of 21 and 35, who have a first-class degree or equivalent from a recognized Indian university and have been accepted into a reputable university abroad for a postgraduate degree or diploma program.
INR 3 - 6 Lakh
Type of scholarship
Level of program
27 April 2023
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship is a gift component of INR 3 - 6 Lakh towards the tuition fee. The scholarship provides financial assistance to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. The amount of the scholarship varies depending on the course of study and the duration of the program.
What are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship?
To apply for the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship, women candidates from the prescribed fields of study must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Graduation from a reputed institute. Must have completed the program.
- Continuous academic excellence in the past qualifying exams.
- Have applied or got admission to a US, UK, or a European university.
- Work experience of at least 2 years (preferred, not necessary).
- Law – Specialising only on matters related to women and children
- Education – Teachers’ training program
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Gender studies – Violence against women and children (including domestic violence and by others), (meaning violence at home and by others issues concerning Indian women as singles, single mothers and married women)
- Child health – Development and nutrition
- Health policy and health education – Mental health
- Public health – Community health services, reproductive health, epidemiology Needs of adolescents Communication for development – Focus on issues related to women and children Research and study of social norms in communities
- Community Development
- Rural Development
- Public Policy
- Public Administration
- Social Policy
- Social Development
- Sustainable Development – With a focus on women's and children’s issues
- Social work in areas not covered above, such as women in prison
What is the application process for the scholarship?
The application process involves submitting documents and filling out the application form. Candidates have to request the link to the application form from the Tata Trust via an email to [email protected] with the following details:
- Course and specialization to study abroad
- University abroad for master’s
- Required tuition fee for each university (tabular format)
- Candidate’s source for funds (tabular form)
- Applicant’s current profile (CV, biodata, etc.)
Apply here for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships
How to get selected for the scholarship?
- The selection process involves shortlisting of applicants and an interview. Applicants are shortlisted based on their academic excellence and work experience in their field of study.
- The shortlisted applicants will receive an email by mid-July 2023. They have to submit proof of funding or their financial capacity document.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through an interview with the board of trustees. The scholarship is granted depending on the candidate’s performance in the interview.
How can you contact the scholarship?
Registered Office: Bombay House, 24, Homi Mody Street,
Mumbai 400 001, India
+91 - 22 - 6665 8282
+91 - 22 - 6665 8013
Contact number: 022 66658282
Email id: [email protected]
Disclaimer: All the information in this page is taken from the official website Tata Trust. See the source for updated information and change in dates or any other data given here.
Frequently asked questions
Are Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships available to study in Australia?
No. Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships are available to study in the US, the UK, or any European country.
What is the minimum GPA requirement for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship?
There is no minimum GPA set for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship. However, a student must have an excellent academic record in the past, meaning the GPA should not fall below average.
What types of questions are asked in the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship interview?
The interview for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship consists of questions regarding the student’s selection of a particular course and university, plans after completing education, funding options, etc.
Is Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship available for part-time programs?
No. Full-time master’s courses in selected subjects are eligible for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship. Eligible disciplines of study include humanities, law, sociology, education, etc.
Are there any age criteria for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship?
There are no age criteria to apply for Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship.