TOEFL Preparation Books
Books for TOEFL play a crucial role in preparing, and choosing the right resource for the test is paramount to scoring well. Students take TOEFL tests from non-native English-speaking people for admission to the world’s best universities. TOEFL is the gateway to elite universities, and students can take it from high school graduate to post-graduate. The test assesses the reading, writing, speaking, and understand g of the English language since studies and social life strictly depend on it. There is a complete range of resources for the student’s and there is ample guidance available in both online and offline mediums.
While selecting the books for TOEFL preparation, one should thoroughly see the syllabus and make an assessment beforehand on the areas of weakness and strength. This strategy helps students invest relatively less time than those who simply go to a book store without any idea about the test.
How To Select Books For TOEFL Preparation?
The quest of searching for the best books of TOEFL can be endless if it’s not done strategically. A vague attempt at the TOEFL test begins with the wrong selection of books. For searching for the best books for TOEFL, one should read the syllabus and attempt a sample test without any preparation. It will give you a clear picture of the areas where you need to invest more time and the areas where you have a stronghold. There are tons of topper interviews and talks on the right set of books with detailed explanations on the books you should choose. There are different books for different sections, and they can also be categorized as per the difficulty level.
There is no shortage of expert advice on the books for TOEFL. One should always refer to and categorize them as per their basic understanding of the language. There are students with decent writing skills, but they don’t do well when it comes to listening and comprehending. The ultimate aim for any student is to get a good score, and it can only be achieved when you put the right amount of effort into the right area. Standard books for TOEFL preparation are always helpful, and one can’t afford to miss them. There is enough material provided by ETS (Educational Testing Services), but that will not suffice for getting a decent score. One has to supplement it with other books for TOEFL preparation. Since there is no shortage of TOEFL preparation books, we will give you a comprehensive list of books for the test.
Need Help in TOEFL Preparation
Best Books For TOEFL Preparation
One of the most considerable contentions among TOEFL test takers is the right set of books. Below mentioned books will augment your TOEFL preparation, and they are regarded as the best books for TOEFL.
Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 1 & 2
This book is the most comprehensive resource that will take your preparation to the next level. Both the volumes are the repository of the standard questions at par with the TOEFL test paper. The book is ideal for those who have finished each section and want to augment their preparation by taking tests since the package contains ten full-length tests. The tests are in line with the iBT format and help students assess the current level of preparations. It has previous year questions from all the sections, which help you focus more on your areas of weakness. Both the volumes have five tests.
- One of the few books for TOEFL preparation gives you ample practice material for sample writing and speaking responses.
- The listening section includes Audio samples and transcripts, which will help you write comprehensive answers in a limited time span.
- It also includes interactive sessions that will help you figure out the most common mistakes made by the test takers.
TOEFL Test Prep Planner
The most attractive feature of this package is that it is free and a must for beginners. It is one of the best books for TOEFL to assess the preparation level before going to select the books for TOEFL. The book contains an eight-week planner, which helps you in structuring the preparation in a limited timeframe. It is an excellent resource for augmenting the skills needed for scoring well on the test. The book has been authored who has spent a lot of time developing the content and making it in sync with the latest test pattern.
- A must for those who want to upgrade their overall speaking and comprehending skill needed for the TOEFL test.
- The book is a repository of tips and tricks that will eventually help improve the speed at the time of the test.
- The book has tons of sample questions that are at par with the questions being asked in the TOEFL test.
- This is one of the best TOEFL preparation books for a complete sectional review, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBT
It helps students in mastering the two most crucial sections of the TOEFL test, viz. the Writing and Speaking section. Among the books for TOEFL preparation, this book gives ample guidance on essay writing and on things you should write and things that you should avoid. The essay portion of the test isn't covered even in the best books for TOEFL. It also helps in scoring well in the speaking section by giving detailed explanations on speaking precisely. The speaking section is always important to say most with limited words since there will be limited time for speaking.
- Helps in writing precise essays with the right selection of words without going hyperbole over the things that are to be explained.
- The speaking section helps you in giving precise answers without saying unnecessary things about the given topic.
- It’s mostly useful for those in an advanced stage of preparation.
TOEFL Grammar Guide: 23 Grammar Rules You Must Know to Guarantee Your Success on the TOEFL Exam!
There is a very scarce number of TOEFL preparation books available for those who want to revamp their grammar and align it with the requirements for the TOEFL test. Making a grammatical error in the TOEFL test can take a toll on your overall score. It doesn’t give a good impression on the examiner since the test is solely pivoted on proficiency in the English language. There is a number of students who are good at English, but when it comes to writing or speaking, they make a lot of grammatical errors. So this book for TOEFL preparation puts the impetus on a less discussed topic and helps students get an edge over a big chunk of students not focusing on grammar.
- Perfect for those seeking to improve their grammar.
- Practice sets to help students in tracking their improvement with the course of time.
TOEFL iBT Prep Plus 2020-2021 by Kaplan
The best book for TOEFL comes with practice tests, and it is helpful for students at any level of preparation. It helps students in gaining confidence since the book is a repository of questions. It covers all the sections, viz. Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking.
- Four full-length tests for those in the advanced stage of preparation.
- More than 450 questions for practicing each section in an exhaustive manner.
- It comes with an audio CD that has more than 95 minutes of material for the Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking section.
- It is loaded with tips and tricks for getting a good score without unnecessarily wasting time.
- More than twelve videos with expert guidance that helps students in every section of the test.
The list isn’t exhaustive, and a student may choose to add additional books in the areas where they feel there is more work to do. The list of books mentioned above will help students in sorting the best books for TOEFL preparation.
Enroll yourself for best TOEFL Test prep course in India.
Evaluate chances of admission to your dream university.
Compare universities on employability, cost, & more.
Discuss anything related to GRE or abroad education.